- From your site’s dashboard, go to Appearance > Customize or, from the black admin bar at the top of any page, click Customize.
- Click Site Identity.
- Under Site Title, enter your desired site name.
- (Optional) Under Affiliation, fill in your your most relevant parent organization’s name.
- (Optional) Under Affiliation Link, fill in that parent organization’s URL.
- Click Save & Publish.
Affiliation: Office of Public Affairs
Site Title: WashU Web Theme
Affiliation: Department of Medicine
Site Title: Division of Bone & Mineral Diseases
Affiliation: Center for Cardiovascular Research
Site Title: Nerbonne Lab
Affiliation: Student Government Council
Site Title: Hispanic American Leadership Organization
Groups within groups
What if your group falls under more than one parent organization, such as a lab within a center within a division within a department?
Since there’s only room for one affiliated group above the site name in the header, consider the following options:
- Pick the group that sits one level above yours hierarchically (i.e., department for division, division for section, and so on).
- Don’t include an affiliation in the header. Instead, explain how your group fits into those other groups elsewhere on your site, like on an About or Contact page.