Feature your group’s news, announcements, commentary or other timely updates using posts.
Posts are a core feature of WordPress sites. As opposed to pages, which are ideal for relatively static or evergreen content, posts are used for dated content such as news, a blog or announcements.
- When you publish a post, the title and link (along with an optional thumbnail and excerpt) is automatically listed wherever you’ve set posts to appear on your site. This may include a news or blog page, your homepage, or embedded within a category-specific section of your site.
- Posts are dated and can have authors — unlike people, places and items. By default, the most recent post is listed first.
- Using categories, you can set which posts show up where.
- You also control how many posts to show per page, and what information to display with each post.
- If you’d like to add a news story from another website, your post can link straight to the original using the external news link.
Posts in action
Shown below: Latest Posts block; full featured list layout; 12 posts per page; displaying category, date, excerpt and thumbnail.
Look for even more examples of post layouts on the Latest Posts block tutorial.