A redirect automatically forwards a website’s visitors from one URL (web address) to another.
- Go to Dashboard > Tools > Safe Redirect Manager.
- Click the button Create Redirect Rule at the top of the screen.
- Under Redirect from: Enter the source/incoming URL, without the site name and leaving forward slash with the part after the site name. See examples below.
- Under Redirect to, enter the full URL of the redirect destination page.
- From the HTTP Status Code dropdown, select 301 Moved Permanently.
- Click the blue Publish button.
Connor Lab, https://sites.wustl.edu/connorlab
If someone goes to https://sites.wustl.edu/connorlab/about-us
Redirect them to https://sites.wustl.edu/connorlab/about
If someone goes to https://sites.wustl.edu/connorlab/research/radiology
Redirect them to https://sites.wustl.edu/connorlab/research/radiology-technology
Smith Lab, https://smithlab.wustl.edu
If someone goes to https://smithlab.wustl.edu/contact-us
Redirect them to https://smithlab.wustl.edu/contact
If someone goes to https://smithlab.wustl.edu/education/fellowship
Redirect them to https://smithlab.wustl.edu/education/fellowship-programs