Editing the Site Name
Your site name appears at the top of every page and is the same on every page.
- Go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize or, from the black admin bar at the top of any page, click Customizer.
- Click Site Identity.
- Fill in your desired site name.
- (Optional) Under Affiliation, fill in your your most relevant parent organization’s name.
- (Optional) Under Affiliation Link, fill in that parent organization’s URL.
- Click Save & Publish.
Groups within groups
What if your group falls under more than one parent organization, i.e. a lab within a center within a division within a department?
Since there’s only room for one affiliated group above your name in the header, consider the following options:
- Pick the group that sits one level above yours hierarchically, i.e. department for division, division for section, and so on.
- Don’t include one in the header. Instead, explain how your group fits into those other groups elsewhere on your site, like an About or Contact page.