Insert a featured image to highlight the main theme of a page or post. Include additional images in the page or post body.
In WashU Sites, the featured image typically appears at the top of the page or post. It may also appear as a thumbnail in a list or grid.
- A featured image is uploaded via the WordPress page or post editor, not Tailor
- The content type — such as pages, posts, people and places — determines where a featured image appears on a page and at what size.
Check out a featured image in action at the top of Homepage Sample #2.
Images in the body of a page or post
In addition to featured images, you can add images to the body of a page or post using the default WordPress page editor or Tailor.
- An image added to the body of a page or post can be used to convey information visually. In these instances, alt text should be added for accessibility compliance. See Step 4 of this tutorial to learn about the importance of including alt text when adding images.
- If you’re using the default content editor, follow these instructions for adding media to a page or post.
- If you’re using Tailor to edit a page, follow instructions for inserting images into the specific Tailor element you’re using.
See all Tailor element tutorials, or use the search bar in the top right corner to find the tutorial for the specific Tailor element you’re editing.