- Drag the Button element onto the page or post you’re editing.
- Click inside the Button element; a blue outline should appear around the button.
- Click Edit in the top right corner.
- Label your button with a call to action or title.
- Select the Style of your button: primary, secondary or outline. See examples below.
- Horizontal alignment: In general, we recommend leaving it at the default, left; however, centered can be appropriate to highlight very important content
- Type in a link starting with http:// or https:// or click on the magnifying glass icon to the right of the link to search for and select a page on your site.
- Click Apply to activate your button choices.
The theme has two different button styles. This allows you to establish a visual hierarchy so the most important links stand out.
Pro tip: Start button text with a verb to motivate your site’s visitors to take action.
See more button tips »
Primary call-to-action and follow-up action
These buttons are nested inside of a Tailor list element.
The buttons below link to pages of parallel importance, depending on the person visiting the site. The buttons are nested inside Tailor box elements.
Billboard drawing attention to a signature event
If you add a button to a Tailor billboard element, the theme will automatically style the button color to make it visible.
Assemble. Listen. Learn.
The Assembly Series, Washington University’s signature lecture series, features luminaries and visionaries, intellectuals and creatives, leaders and pioneers.